Tuesday 3 February 2015

Double-page Sread Article content.

I have created an article to use of my double page spread, hat relates to the front cover image and relates to the genre of the magazine. I have conducted appropriate questions that my target audience would like to know about a certain indie artist and or band.


ARTICLE CONTENT



How different is your life now due to your music career?


Yes, it’s a big change from chilling in my basement with my friends most Saturday evenings, to gigging every weekend and releasing a debut album. But it’s a good different, all I have ever wanted to do is write music and play gigs, so I guess as cliché as it sounds, it is a dream come true. I couldn’t believe that my album was on sale at Rough trade. I used to go into rough trade and by all my vinyls from there, and to see my record on sale next to legends like The Smiths and Joy Division, its quite hard to believe really.


How would you define your music?


I have always said that I hate labeling music to a certain genre or type, my music doesn’t stick to a certain type of genre I suppose. I feel that music shouldn’t be defined or stereotyped as a certain genre. However, I think that my music could be defined as indie/psychedelic rock. I think that I would like to switch up genres with my future music. I think that sometimes when artists stick to one genre it can become predictable and boring, and I don’t want to be like every other artist.


Who are your inspirations and influences?


A band that made me start to write and consider making music was The Stone Roses, as a young girl my dad actually had “Waterfall”, on vinyl, it was my favorite roses tune, and still is. They were the first band that I really got into I suppose. When I was about 12 I learnt how to play, “I Wanna be Adored”, on bass guitar, which was a massive achievement at the time!
But current bands that I listen to that still inspire me have to be Daughter, Haim and Lana Del Rey. I think that Lana has a beautiful voice, and her music is amazing!


How do you feel about entering the world of music?


I’d like to say I am fearless. At first I was intimidated, and anxious about releasing the new single, and what feedback it would receive, or even if I would gain any feedback at all. Nevertheless I did make a promise to myself that whatever the outcome of the feedback, I would not stop trying. I am not a quitter, and I hate quitters. I’d also like to think of myself as a strong female in the music industry, as I know that women can be portrayed badly through out the music scene. I also was aware of the criticism that I was going to receive, as I am not going to be every one’s cup-of-tea, and I was, and still am, fully aware of that. But yes of course I was pretty anxious when entering such big industry because of the consequences, I had to pretty much stop all my studies and give my life to music, but I am so happy that I did because music has become my life now, and I am doing what I love.


What is the significance to your new single‘Old street’?


Shoreditch is my favorite place. I love hanging out there with my friends, because it is the most interesting, place in London, I love the street art, the coffee shops and the record shops. So the significance to Old Street, stems from my stories of when I used to spend most of my Saturday afternoons in Shoreditch. Writing the song makes me feel very nostalgic, as it does performing. I didn’t want to write a song, complaining about my ex boyfriends and relationship troubles, like most typical female artists my age. I wanted to write something, which relates to my adolescence years. Old Street basically just represents my memories that took place on Old street, and other places in and around Shoreditch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment