Thursday 22 January 2015

Front Cover Preparations

After researching front covers of indie magazines i have noticed that almost all front covers use a plain block coloured background. Indie magazines like NME, tend to use white coloured backgrounds as it fits with the genre of the magazine. Also a white background makes it easier when editing cover lines and mastheads. When creating my front cover I will use a white backdrop, in order to follow the conventions of an indie magazine For my front cover I will be using an white background as contrast against my double page spread, photos. I will be using a white background for my front cover as this makes it easier for mastheads  and cover lines to be seen. I have gathered some front covers that inspire my magazine, REFLEKTOR. A white background also looks cleaner, and more professional. The white background enables me to carry out my colour scheme with ease, as white acts as a blank canvas to other colours. The colour scheme involves up to 3 colours, white being the background of the image. The white back ground contrasts against the bold red mast head. I plan on using a white background so i am able to edit the magazine with ease.



No comments:

Post a Comment