Saturday 17 January 2015

Meet My Model

My model is Jessica. I have chosen Jessica to model for my magazine as a feel that her personal style fits the theme and genre of my magazine. Jessica's style is influenced by late 90's grunge. Smart, original and diverse, Jessica's style is heavily influenced by her music taste and genre, this helps to fit with the style of my magazine, as Jessica's preferred music genre is indie/alternative/grunge.





STYLING JESSICA



 Before my photo shoot I practiced some makeup looks on Jessica, which i may use for the day of my shoot. Following the idea of fashion icons such as Lana Del Rey, Haim and Sky Ferreira are big influences of this make-up and hair look, however I have changed the look slightly to show Jessica's personal style. I have kept aspects such as Jessica's facial piercing to portray individuality and to convey Jessica's personal style and identity. I took more photos, including head shots, to show the hair style and facial make up that I will use for my magazine.


MAKE-UP 




After styling Jessica's hair and make-up, I then looked into her fashion sense and style, and collected pieces that would suit the style of Jessica whilst also being inspired by certain artists. The style I researched previously was soft/grunge, which included casual pieces such as shorts,baggy jumpers, and denim items. I picked out pieces that fit the theme and genre.


COSTUMES THAT I WILL USE


OUTFIT ONE 


OUTFIT 2


OUTFIT THREE



These are the clothing items that I will be using to style my model Jessica. As you can see the pieces are similar to the styles that i have previously researched however again i have adapted Jessica's style.  The monochrome style fits with the grunge theme of my magazine. If the clothing of the model fits the style and miss en scene of the magazine the more likely the magazine will appeal to a certain audience. If my model was inappropriately dressed for the style and theme of the magazine, it would not work and appear odd. That is why i have chosen dark coloured clothing pieces, that represent the genre of music the artist produces. I will be using three outfit changes so that my magazine appeals to my target audience.

ACCESSORIES 


 I have captured some images of the accessories i will be using, during my photo shoot. Accessories are crucial as they define the model's personality, and identity. Accessories add more definition to the outfits, to make them appear more intriguing.
I will be using the three different outfits in my photoshoot.

SOCIAL MEDIA FEEDBACK // MAKE UP STYLE
After gaining much feed back from social media, most of the comments I received suggested that the make up look, worked best if the red lipstick was not used so the look is kept more subtle, and a nude lipstick should be used. Therefore when recreating my make up look i will use dramatic eye make up with nude lips, to evoke a more grunge effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment