Friday 2 January 2015

Questionnaire Analysis

I have gathered some feedback from my questionnaire, i will be studying and analysing this feedback in order to finalise decisions when creating my magazine. The questionnaire was answered by 20 people of a similar target audience to indie magazines.

Which name do you prefer for an Indie/Alternative Music magazine ? 

From this question I have noticed that out of the 4 possible names, Reflektor and Interzone are the most favoured. 30% of the audience favoured Reflektor, and 30% again favoured Interzone, and the rest other 40% of the audience favoured Decadesm and Digital. As Interzone and Reflektor were the most popular, i will have to decipher between the two, by creating a focus group, to help me decide between the two names. 


Which colour scheme do you feel is the most appropriate to be associated with my chosen genre?


Two colour schemes are equally as popular, from this question. 35% of the audience prefer Black Red and Gold or Blue White and black. From planning my magazine more since the questionnaire was produced, I have come up with other colours schemes, however from the options i prefer the colour scheme Blue white and black. I feel that this colour scheme is simple and the colour schemes contrast well. I am not sure on which shade of blue I will be using however, I think that an electric blue would contrast well against the black and white theme. 

Would you be interested if the magazine included adverts for upcoming gigs and events? 


From this sample I can see that most my audience would be interested in adverts noting upcoming gigs and events. Exactly 70% of the audience say that yes, they would like to be noted on events and gig, where as the other 30% of the audience disagree, this is because they may find adverts annoying and irrelevant. It can be argued that adverts are a waste of time because viewers do not pay any attention, therefore what is the point on producing an advert. However most of the audience agree that this is a positive addition to my magazine. 

How much would you be willing to pay for my magazine?(my magazine will be released monthly)


40%, of the audience said that £3.00, would be an appropriate price, 30% would pay £3.59, 20% would pay £4.00, and 10% would pay £4.59. My target audience for my magazine is aimed at students, therefore my magazine has to fit the lifestyle of my target audience. In the question most of the audience, (40%), agree that £3.00 is a perfect price to pay for my magazine that will be released monthly, which is the cheapest option. As my magazine is being released monthly, it will printed on high quality paper, which effectively raises the value of the magazine. 

Would you like if the magazine offered a free recommend single/album, appropriate to the genre of the magazine? 

If my magazine was to offer free gifts such as singles and albums, promoting new music, the price of my magazine would have to rise, as the value of the magazine will increase. From the question, 60% agree that the idea of free music, is favoured. By offering a free gift, this will attract more customers to buy my magazine, as they will be intrigued by the free gift, and will pay for the magazine. 

Do you think my magazine should have competitions for concerts and gigs?

70%, of the audience say that competitions for gigs and events are a good addition to my music magazine, where as 30% of the audience say that this is not a good idea. I also gained more detailed feedback from this question. It was noted that competitions can look tacky and cheap, and may sometimes not seem legitimate. Other suggestions note that my magazine should include vouchers and discounts for clothing and other merchandise, they also noted that all competitions should be unisex, so my magazine does not appeal to just one sex. 

No comments:

Post a Comment