Sunday 11 January 2015

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

SHOREDITCH 

DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD IDEAS

I have decided on the location that I will use for my photo shoot. During the summer I did some work experience at a company in Shoreditch, whilst commuting to and from work I came across some street art, Shoreditch is becoming more and more popular for its street art and quirky architecture. When considering photos for my magazine, I thought that Shoreditch would be a perfect location due to its quirky street art and atmosphere. I am planning on taking pictures and using the street art as a back ground for my photos. I have chosen Shoreditch as I am familiar with the location, and I am able to navigate around the area with ease. Places like Red church Street, possess some of Shoreditch most quirky street art. I feel that the street art will relate and fit well to the genre of my magazine.
For my contents and double page spread I will be using Shoreditch as my location. As the double page spread, is presented as a peice of art work, i feel that the street art will contricute to this image.  I have included some photos that I have taken of locations in Shoreditch, that I will possibly use as my background for my double page spread.







TUBE/TRAINS


After coming across this image of MaxïmoPark, I have decided that I would like to consider using tube/trains as a location, as it adds variety to the locations. Tube and trains also have bright lighting, which will make the process of taking the photos much easier. I feel that the location will add a rustic atmosphere, and also works well with the other chosen location of street art, and Shoreditch highstreet. The audience will also recognise the location of tubes and trains, and feel some familiarity and connection to the images. The locations however have to connect in some sort of way, I have gathered some images of Shoreditch Highstreet station, so that the locations of the images are connected. 


I have also included some pictures that I have taken over the year, as I visit Shoreditch frequently as a hobby. This picture shows evidence, of the type of lighting that the tubes and trains portray. The clear, clean lighting gives a clinical feel to the picture and is pleasing to look at. I feel that I can play around with different types of camera angles used in the photos to create a modern feel. 
The modern atmosphere of the train station, and street art, is current. This is to ensure that the audience will be attracted to the images as they may be familiar with the location of the photos. I have chosen Shoreditch as a location as most students and young adults will be familiar with the location, as Shoreditch is home to bars, and clubs.

 

FEEDBACK ON LOCATION IDEAS

I have asked various amounts of people for feedback on my location ideas, through social media and other focus groups. I have done this to gain feedback on my ideas, to make sure that my ideas appeal to my target audience. Most of the feedback agreed that Shoreditch is an appropriate location for my photos. Here is some of the feed back and opinions that I have gathered.  







After receiving optimistic feedback about my location ideas, I am positive about where ill be shooting for my photos. next i will be looking at the most efficient ways to travel to Shore-ditch, and how long it will take to commute. 
 

































No comments:

Post a Comment